Hello and welcome to the third week of #TimeTravelTuesdays! Last week we concluded our time at the Conservatory, and moved onto the Playhouse main stage! Yesterday our tech week started as we get ready for previews, matinees and opening next week!
A brief reminder on what tech week is: the construction of the stage is completed, costumes and props are integrated into the rehearsal process, and lights, sound, and anything else needed is worked into rehearsals as well.
This week along with interviews of a couple of cast members, we’d thought we’d compile a list of 5 things you should know about the story of A Wrinkle in Time!
- Wrinkle in Time’s story centers around the quest of Meg and Charles Murry and Calvin O’Keefe to find Dr. Alex Murry, (Calvin and Meg’s father,) who disappeared 3 years prior to the beginning of A Wrinkle in Time.
- A Wrinkle in Time is the first in a series of books by Madeliene L’Engle.
- A Wrinkle in Time is considered to be science fiction and won a Newberry Medal (amongst others).
- There have been movie, comic book, TV-show, stage and even opera adaptations of the book.
- It was one of the top 100 Chapter books in 2012, even though it came out in 1962.
And here’s our weekly actor spotlight:
That’s all for now! Check next week for Time Travel Tuesdays!
Tickets are available online through the Playhouse website, by calling the box office at 218-733-7555 or by going in to the box office.